Monday, December 26, 2011

Puerto Rico’s Wild Wild West!


Okay… so maybe it is not so wild. But, it definitely holds some of the most naturally, wild, and beautiful sights in all of the Island of Enchantment.
The Puerto Rico Tourism Company labeled it “Porta del Sol” which means “Port of the Sun” …in ITALIAN, not Spanish. I guess they did so in hopes to lure more tourists to the west side of the island by making it sound sexier or European-like. I guess that when you use European-sounding words everything sounds more interesting; like “Crème Brûlée” which literally means “Burnt Cream” in French, but I guess Burnt Cream doesn’t sound as appealing. In any case, the area as delineated by the Company and labeled Porta del Sol (I really don’t like the name), covers the municipalities of  Quebradillas, Isabela, San Sebastián, Moca, Aguadilla, Aguada, Rincón, Añasco, Mayagüez, Las Marías, Maricao, Hormigueros, San Germán, Sábana Grande, Guánica, Lajas and Cabo Rojo.

In the next few weeks I will be posting about some of the experiences I’ve had in the western region of PR. I will write about Surfing events, Cave Diving, Historical sites and just pure beautiful scenery. I hope you like it, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment